Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Little Prince


This is a book that should be read by every men, women and children in the world. It's not just entertaining but it is also insightful.

I once read it when I was about 13-15 years old. I agreed with the little prince on his opinion about adults and see things from his perspective. Adults are really weird creatures indeed and in one way or the other, little prince is right. I re-read the book a couple of days ago and realize that my views had changed. I can't see the book the way little prince saw it and in a way, it makes me sad. The world had tainted me and my hope of becoming just like the narrator when I grew up didn't come true, instead I just become like everybody else; vain, calculative, materialistic and lose a child like wonder to living. That is why I think, everyone doesn't feel like living but instead are trying to get by. We forgot what is important and makes something that is trivial important instead. A pity, really.

So, here's to change and individual betterment.

" It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye"

-The Little Prince-


No comments:

Post a Comment